"Spot It, Shoot It!" Sweepstakes Official Rules
1) ELIGIBILITY: Open and offered only to legal residents of the United States and all other countries where legal, winner must be 21 years of age or older. Sweepstakes void where prohibited by law (Please note that many states and posessions have rules against sweepstakes; please check your local laws). Employees, officers, and directors (and their immediate family/household members) of the Sponsor and any of its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, are not eligible.
2) DEADLINE: Sweepstakes starts 1 July 2013 and ends 28 February 2014. To be eligible, entries must comply with these official rules and be received by 28 February 2014.
3) ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS: Complete and pay for an order for a subscription to Sports Afield magazine via mail, by phone, or at www.sportsafield.com between 1 July 2013 and 28 February 2014 (all paid subscriptions and renewals are automatically entered); or type your name, complete address, phone number, and age on stamped postcard and mail to: Sports Afield, Spot It, Shoot It Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 2129, Seal Beach, CA 90740-9972 between 1 July 2013 and 28 February 2014. Postcards MUST BE TYPED to be eligible. ONE ENTRY PER PERSON. MULTIPLE ENTRIES INVALIDATE ELIGIBILITY.
4) ENTRY CONDITIONS: By entering, entrant agrees: a) To abide by these sweepstakes rules (exact compliance essential); b) To accept as final and binding the decisions of the Sponsor, judge(s), and their agents in all matters relating to this sweepstakes; c) That all entries submitted become property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned; d) To the collection of all information on each entry, and to its transfer to third parties.
5) PRIZES: First and only prize: one Swarovski ATX/STX modular spotting scope with choice of straight or angled eyepiece (value $7,229) and a SAAM Precision Shooting School and Safari Hunt combo for two hunters (value $9,300). The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute or alternate any and all from those listed above. The prizes are awarded on an as-is basis, and the Sponsor makes no warranties as regards to the prizes. Winners are responsible for all taxes, insurance, and shipping costs for the prizes, as well as travel expenses to and from the SAAM school in Barksdale, Texas. Scheduling for the SAAM school is to be arranged between the managers of the school and the winner, and will be subject to available openings. The prize will be awarded. Prizes cannot be assigned, transferred, redeemed for cash, or substituted except at the sole discretion of the sponsor, who may substitute the prize with one of equal or greater value if the prize becomes unavailable.
6) ODDS: The odds of winning are approximately 1 in 25,000, but exact odds will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received.
7) WINNER SELECTION: Winner will be selected by the Sponsor on or about 90 days following the close of the sweepstakes in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received.
8) WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winner will be notified by mail on or about 120 days following the close of the sweepstakes. Winner must complete, execute, and return each required Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release, Publicity Release, and/or any other document required by the Sponsor. Each required document must be returned within twenty-one (21) days of postmark of prize notification. Noncompliance within this time period, and/or the return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable, or the finding of the winner to be ineligible or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules, may result in disqualification and the selection of an alternate winner by random drawing. Winner will have to produce a notarized letter stating his place of residence and his age.
9) GENERAL CONDITIONS: By entering, entrants agree and by accepting a prize, winners agree that Sponsor and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, and agents, and all others associated with the development and creation of this sweepstakes, a) are indemnified, released and held harmless from any and all liability, for any damages, injuries, or losses of any kind to persons, including death, or property damage, arising directly or indirectly from the acceptance possession, use, or misuse of any prize or participation in this sweepstakes or any sweepstakes related activity; b) Are not liable for any entries that are lost, late, damaged, stolen, tampered with, garbled, incomplete, misdirected, delayed in transmission, delivered postage-due, forged, illegible, mutilated, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules; c) do not assume any responsibility for typing/printing error, human error, omission, theft, destruction, unauthorized access, alteration, or technical malfunction of any kind that causes any injury, damage, or loss to any computer or person resulting from participation in this sweepstakes; d) reserve the right at their sole discretion (and without notice to recipients of this offer and/or sweepstakes entrants) to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this sweepstakes in whole or in part (in such case, winners will be chosen from among all entries received prior to date of termination) if a computer virus, bug, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause beyond control of Sponsor and/or its agents, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this sweepstakes; and e) may use winner’s names, hometown, state, prize won, picture/portrait likeness and/or voice (except where prohibited by law) without further compensation for advertising or publicity purposes.
10) VOID WHERE PROHIBITED: This sweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations apply.
11) NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A purchase will not improve your chances of winning.
12) SPONSORED BY: Field Sports Publishing (herein referred to as the “Sponsor”).